About Me

My photo
23, Theology major, female. Prone to random bouts of randomness. This is my main 100% public blog.

Add to...

Add to Google Catholic Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Any buttons not here that you want? Post a comment and I'll see what I can do. =-)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why the Grand Rapids Dominicans are a heretical lot #4340494

https://www.dominicancenter.com/Bodywork/Reiki.asp

These are the nuns that Aquinas is affiliated with. This is just so...gah! New Age and then some. -_-

I was talking to a friend at the Veritas retreat, he and I were both cooks, and he was telling me how an ex-girlfriend of his (ex-fiance {sp?}, actually,) left the Catholic Church after attending a "Come and See" event at Marywood. The girl was a student at Aquinas, and after the engagement got broken off, she was discerning the religious life. At Marywood, they were encouraging priestesses and using "Catholic" Tarot Cards, among other things. If my Prayer "class" here at Aquinas was any indication, not a dang thing has changed. -_-

OK, time to do my last round and close the building. I DID get through all those envelopes! Go me! =-P

Guten Nacht!

1 comment:

Allie said...

It is a real shame to see the GR OPs to be in such a state ... what does this trad future sister say is the cause of it? The post-counciliar tsunami that literally tore holes in the Church that had not existed previous to the era ... the "smoke of Satan," if you will. What can I say? Paul VI himself said, "The smoke of Satan has entered the sanctuary." That is what happens when you take out the communion rails and you replace the Baltimore Catechism with a touchy-feely "let's make a banner and sing kum-by-ya as we pray to the 'divine feminine'" "Catholicism." As a fellow AQ student, I can only say that I attend said institution only because the Theology program is very good and they have residence halls ... I did have an almost full ride to University of Detroit Mercy ... and Sacred Heart Seminary doesn't have an undergrad Theology program. We know what will happen to orders that continue down this slippery slope ... they will become as extinct as their baseless pseudo-Catholicism.